The functions of Future and Careers commonly pertain to the following:
- Planning, coordination and supervision of guidance services within the region, with allotted Mentors.
- Training of guidance personnel such as career teaches’ training programmes, awareness camps, guidance etc..
- Preparation, development or translation of tests and tools of assessment for predictive analysis.
- Conducting research on various psychological and family problems faced by candidates and offer them appropriate guidance.
- Collection, classification, production and dissemination of career information.
- Publication of suitable guidance in the regional language for better understanding.